About Me

My photo
My name is Gavin McClements. I am a wargamer and family man, living in Los Gatos, which is a suburb of San Jose, CA. Building terrain is one of my favorite aspects of the wargaming hobby - in fact, lately I've become more interested in making my battlefields "pop" than in actually playing.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Frostgrave objective markers in the "Sparkly Pretty" style!

I haven't written in a while, but that doesn't mean I've been entirely void of output!

I've been playing a bit of Frostgrave lately, and this thread on Lead Adventure gave me a fun idea for my own objective markers.

I ran down to Michael's and picked up some essentials. My wife already had fine gold glitter.


These "gems" came in so many colors, I couldnt help it. That, and they were on sale. You'll notice most are "Qty 120." One was 150, and one was 200. I wish the others were all on the "150" side, but they still work fine.

Here you can see the finished results. I say "finished", but I realize that I haven't yet brushed them off, so some glitter appears to be on top of some of the items - it really isnt.

s
So..some easy stuff here, and i was pleased how they turned out.

By the way, for those of you who dont want to chase this stuff down here, the Dice Bag Lady has a really cool kit on her site:
http://thedicebaglady.net/real-treasure-gem-and-glitter-kit/

As for treasure and objectives I'd love to own, well...
Ristuls Market:

Zealot miniatures:
Dark Art Studios:

Otherworld Minis:
And who can forget Reaper!

Mantic:
Thomarillion:

Fenryll:

And for those of you who like to make your own:
http://abarothsworld.com/Tricks/treasures%20&%20trinkets.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment