About Me

My photo
My name is Gavin McClements. I am a wargamer and family man, living in Los Gatos, which is a suburb of San Jose, CA. Building terrain is one of my favorite aspects of the wargaming hobby - in fact, lately I've become more interested in making my battlefields "pop" than in actually playing.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

JR Miniatures 6mm ruins

I love painting, but I dont tend to find it therapeutic as many do simply because I often cannot sit for long periods without feeling some pretty major discomfort in my back and neck as I work away, all hunched over and whatnot (I know, I know, posture is everything...).

But I still really enjoy. I love making the terrain and I love making it look nice. Sometimes, however, a ready-made piece just looks so good that you cannot help but love it. I feel this way about JR Miniature's stuff.

Here is the JRM #1351 City Block Ruin #2:


















Im pretty happy with how the weathering turned out. I observed how the game developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 textured their buildings on Dome, and I wanted to replicate the building from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's "Vacant", which had a seafoam green-ish color that I loved.

I used GW's Badab Black wash first, then went back over it with Devlan Mud. I kept my strokes vertical and think it really did the job.

I'll put more up as I finish them.

More discussion at: http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22691

No comments:

Post a Comment