About Me

My photo
My name is Gavin McClements. I am a wargamer and family man, living in Los Gatos, which is a suburb of San Jose, CA. Building terrain is one of my favorite aspects of the wargaming hobby - in fact, lately I've become more interested in making my battlefields "pop" than in actually playing.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Another 6mm building by JR Miniatures

This is JRM's #13802, Destroyed Red October Factory. I painted it to match a burnt down brick factory, and think I succeeded really well.

The ink here is GW's Devlan Mud. I hadnt thought to use the Badab Black here, but I think it still turned out nicely.














You may notice a slight sheen to the building, which is a little bothersome, but it has been coated with Krylon Matte Varnish that I got at the local Ace Hardware. I am testing out Tester's Dullcoat on my other JRM piece I just finished, in the hopes that I can compare the two...but Dullcoat is expensive and hard to find here in San Jose, CA, at least as far as I can tell.

Making these pieces helps me feel like I have unique terrain, even if they are just store-bought, and spending so much time on them makes it that much more rewarding. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment