About Me

My photo
My name is Gavin McClements. I am a wargamer and family man, living in Los Gatos, which is a suburb of San Jose, CA. Building terrain is one of my favorite aspects of the wargaming hobby - in fact, lately I've become more interested in making my battlefields "pop" than in actually playing.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

On transporting and storing my 15mm

So now the army is painted and ready to go. Now I need to get it places. What now?

I'll tell you!


I have used pluck foam from Sabol for years, and as such, have a TON of the saved extras in my craft room. After picking up a box from Target, shown above, I set about with cardboard, hot glue, and a craft knife.


This is mostly 1" foam, placed in groups of 4 to hold the bases of each model upright. The vehicles took a little more creativity, but it wasnt too hard...


The colored squads are on the bottom layer, with the vehicles and HMG and Recoiless Rifle Support crews down there as well.



The top layer holds all "unassigned" Support models (snipers, commanders, fusion guns, etc) with plenty of room for more.


The cardboard is extra thick (almost 3/8") and should be pretty durable. We'll see!

Peeky peeky, I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment