About Me

My photo
My name is Gavin McClements. I am a wargamer and family man, living in Los Gatos, which is a suburb of San Jose, CA. Building terrain is one of my favorite aspects of the wargaming hobby - in fact, lately I've become more interested in making my battlefields "pop" than in actually playing.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Card Manipulation and Flourishes

This is more of a note to myself, since I never seem to remember what I've seen :)

I love cards. I rarely play poker-style games, but I collect decks of cards anyway.

I love the Cardicians (NOT the Kardashians!) and Thirdway Industries for cards...and so I want to have some flourishes ready for when I actually use them! Not tricks, per se, but ways of handling decks of cards that are fun. I did love walking around my dorm with a deck of cards that I constantly shuffled, back when I was in school...

The Swing Cut

The Swivel Cut

The Charlier Cut - one I  don't tend to use cause I have small hands :)

Disturb Reality also have some other fun videos worth perusing.

A GIANT playlist of card flourishes here!

A one-handed shuffle? I want!

Im never super excited about "First videos", but this kid has a different take on some of the Disturb Reality tricks.

DECK REVIEWS:
As mentioned, I love custom decks. Scrambled Decks has a whole channel devoted to such reviews.

Here is a recommend order to learn:
If you're just starting, just work on the basics: Charlier Cut, Revolution Cut, and Scissor Cut.

Feel ambitious? Muse Cut, Teachwrap, Knacky Hackey Sackey



What to play with all the decks of custom cards I own? Tien-Len (13), of course!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ti%E1%BA%BFn_l%C3%AAn
http://foicica.com/thirteen/01_Rules.html
http://www.howtoplaystuff.com/how-to-play-13/

1 comment:

  1. Slot Machines at the Slot Machines at the Slot Machines at the Slot Machines at
    Located in 세종특별자치 출장샵 Wynn Las Vegas and connected to 부천 출장마사지 the 군산 출장마사지 Fashion Show Mall, this 5-star resort offers a 세종특별자치 출장마사지 convenient, 과천 출장샵 relaxing

    ReplyDelete