About Me

My photo
My name is Gavin McClements. I am a wargamer and family man, living in Los Gatos, which is a suburb of San Jose, CA. Building terrain is one of my favorite aspects of the wargaming hobby - in fact, lately I've become more interested in making my battlefields "pop" than in actually playing.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pigment tutorial

While doing some quick video research on weathering pigments, I stumbled across this video on Youtube. I'd say its "quick", but maybe I should say FAST :)  Anyway, worth a look because it shows "how to" in the way I like to see...just get it done, already!

Weather Model Train Cars: Oil wash, clear cote, rust pigments

Of course I'd be remiss if I didnt link Robin's also:

Washes and Pigments

Lastly, I found another video that has been helpful:

Hammer40k's Weathering Pigments

I'll admit I am a little confused on how to "finish" these models. Robin's pigments were brushed over a sealer, which is a step I dont plan on doing until the end when its done. Hammer's is finished with rubbing alcohol (wtf?), so Im still looking into this...

[AHA! Being the smart cave troll that I am, I went to the source: www.secretweaponminiatures.com and yea, they have a Tutorial section at the top. Including how to use their pigments. Check out their "super secret" unlisted Youtube video to see more...and yea, they use rubbing alcohol too. Guess what I'll be using?]

No comments:

Post a Comment